The legal aspect of waste vegetable oil collection

Used cooking oils from commercial premises must not be disposed of with the general waste or discharged to the sewer.
Used oils should be kept separate from the general waste stream and stored in suitable containers.

The waste should be collected by a registered waste carrier or a private individual under the Environment Agency's
current policy for "Domestic Biodiesel Production" (document available from the Environment Agency).

In either case a waste transfer note must be issued by the collector and copies retained by both parties.

My oil collections are carried out under the "Domestic Biodiesel Production" policy and a waste transfer note is issued.
(click the image below to view a sample).

This waste transfer note will satisfy the requirements of both Food Hygiene Inspections and the Environment Agency
as proof that you are disposing of your waste oil in a responsible manner.